About Me

My photo
Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
Follower of Jesus Christ, Husband to my lovely wife Rachel, Dad of Thomas, Joel, Aaron and Esther, and currently Youth Pastor at Tile Kiln Church. The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my church.

Sunday 14 November 2010

Back Pain

I have been experiencing awful back pain this past week and it has got me thinking about how we take so much for granted.

How often do we hear how we are fortunate to be born in the UK, in all we have and are able to do, and yet somehow we hear and yet don't quite comprehend the truth.  Often it is not till we are in a position where we loose something that we truly appreciate what it is we have had.

This is certainly true for me as I have found that I have been unable to complete even the simplest of tasks due to the pain I have had in my back and legs.  Suddenly simple tasks like walking become arduous and time consuming, I have found that everything I have had to do has had to have had extra time factored in and  in some instances I have had to just sit and watch while others perform simple tasks that I have just been unable to do.

It has been a sombre reminder of how much I have to be thankful for not just in my general health but in my life in general.  I have been a follower of Jesus for over half my life and have so much to be grateful for and yet none of it is due to my efforts.  I truly thank God for all he has done for me and for all the wonderful people he has surrounded me with who truly are my support in this time of need, not least my very caring and understanding wife and children!

Thank you all for your support and prayers at this painful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or question;